Thursday, March 25, 2010

SHUT UP Glen Beck

I just watched a video that my cousin posted on Facebook, of Glen Beck literaly freaking out on a caller during his show. If you don't already know, I do not like Glen Beck nor do I listen to his rantings, but I was flabbergasted by this. I have been thinking about writing a Glen Beck post for this blog, but hadn't previously because of tension on the subject between me, and some family members. This video was the straw that broke the camel's back. (Let it be known, that I don't agree with the video makers poking fun at Glen's previous addictions. I don't care about the rest of the video, because that guy himself is a dirtbag. I only wanted the recording of the call, but couldn't find just that FYI.)

It begins with a caller simply asking why Glen's views are the way they are, and from the begining, he acts like a child, mocking, and belittling her. Then she defends herself, and he just starts screaming, and screetching, and finally says "GET OFF MY PHONE...YOU YOU YOU...PINHEAD!

I cannot stand Glen, or his views on life, or politics. I think that he is completely wrong about the health care bill. I often think about what he would think if he had no health insurance. What if he lost his home, because he couldn't pay his medical bills. What would he think if he couldn't afford to pay for vital prescriptions? What if he had a pre-existing medical condition, and had been denied by a dozen insurance companies? I have co-workers and friends in this position. If something were to happen, and they lost their jobs, or got laid off, they would lose their insurance. And because of serious pre-existing conditions, they would go bankrupt, and lose everything.

There are two things that Glen is particularly talented at. One, he is extremely charismatic. He lures in listeners with his humor and personality. Two, he is extraordinarily good at arguing. But he is a sore loser. If someone argues with him, and it looks like he is wrong, and they are right, he takes to freaking out, and yelling. I am convinced that his arguing skills are why so many people think he is right.

If you think I am wrong, please do me this favor. If you are religious place all of you religious beliefs next to Glen's. Do they run parallel? ABSOLUTELY NOT. They are completely opposite. Glen Beck claims to be religious, but he doesn't care about his fellow man, which is the most important thing in his religion.

I am not saying that he health-care bill is perfect, (and I didn't vote, so no, I didn't vote for Obama, nor do I think he has all the answers) but we truly needed a change. The current healthcare system in this country IS NOT WORKING! Of course the healthcare bill isn't perfect, but the kinks will get straightened out, and we will all learn as we go. This bill is a light for so many who have to fear the darkness.

So Glen Beck, SHUT UP! And stop being so concerned with your fame, and fortune, and start thinking about those who don't have anything. That is all...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've never been upset and acted "uncivil?" Sorry, but he's just a man and he gets angry just like you do; especially when he receives a caller who acts like she knows what she's talking about.
    I listened to the same clip, and she accused him of him and "his people" not caring about the trillions of dollars used to bail out banks -- wait, isn't the stupidity of the stimulus and TARP the subject of a ton of his shows and commentary? I think he has the right to be mad when people call in and pretend like they know his views on everything when all they've ever heard is a minute-long clip from Media Matters.

    "Glen Beck claims to be religious, but he doesn't care about his fellow man, which is the most important thing in his religion." -- show me one example in which he's done or said something that caused you to believe this.

    ReplyDelete